Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 4th Weekend

Man I could not wait to get home. take a break from my summer job, and FISH! Joe had previously asked me if I wanted to fish the Friday night Lake Catoma tournament and I couldn't turn that down. I need every penny I can get. lol

Dad had been looking for another rig for the family since Jordan would be taking the Z20 that we had to school with him to fish for the Auburn Bass Club. We found the perfect boat!! 2007 Ranger Z20. My new baby!! Words can't describe how excited I am about the boat! I cannot wait to put some miles on her in the fall!!!! (Pictures will be up shortly)

Anyways, back to the fishing. We went out in the new rig on friday to Guntersville. We didn't get up too early since I got back late Thursday. We faced high skies and of course a TON of boat traffic. That didn't stop us from catching fish! We boated a few good keepers before the afternooon arrived and at one point doubled on a couple of 5lbers! Only of the fish was a channel cat. lol


We had to head back in early in order for us to get our stuff together for the night tournament. We were really excited to fish another tournament together and I couldn't wait to get on the water again. A lot of our good buddies got to fish the tournament too that night which always makes for an enjoyable time. We ended up weighing in almost 15lbs and took home second place. This is one of the good fish Jordan caught on a small finese jig.



We caught all of our fish on a Strike King Series 5 crankbait in ghost shad color and a brown 3/8oz finesse jig. We had an awesome time on the water and, like always, really enjoyed each others company.

No comments: